Eco-Physiology (2002), University of Bremen – Max PlanckInstitute for Marine
Microbiology, Bremen-Germany. (Thesis Title: Study of the interactions among
photosynthesis, respiration and calcification in the scleractinian coral,
Galaxea fascicularis). Acting Chair/ Departments of Coastal Environment, Marine
Biology and Biology, The University of Jordan, Aqaba, Jordan. Member/Faculty
Board -Faculty of Marine Sciences.
Current Research Interest:
- Coral reproduction.
- Cryopreservation of coral tissues.
- Environmental observation of the coral reef health (benthic cover; corals and seagrass) in the Gulf of Aqaba-Jordan (Monitoring Programs).
- Coral Eco-physiology studies.
- Studies of stress response in corals.
- Development of Artificial reefs and coral nurseries.
- Study of coral symbiosis with microorganisms.
- Coral mapping, transplantation, coral nursing and propagation.
- Developing and applied tool box for sustainable reefs of tomorrow in the Red Sea (PI at MSS)
- Developing novel methodologies for maintenance of coral biodiversity (PI at MSS)
- Several monitoring programs
All sessions by Prof. Fouad A. Al-Horani